Our busy team of commuter campaigners has been on the case and we have now produced a complete guide to claiming back from your credit card provider. We encourage all credit card users for any amount over £100 to take this forward – help us create a whole new era of passenger rights after our year of suffering on Southern Rail!
Each of the following documents has been prepared under the guidance of a qualified solicitor, and should provide all you need to make your own claim. Remember, if your claim is rejected you will have the right of appeal to the financial ombudsman – we will also be preparing model letters for anyone who needs to appeal.
Read our guide to claiming under section 75:
Download our template letter to make it easy for you to initiate your own claim:
View a sample of supporting evidence here:
To refresh your memory of Sean’s story and the letter he sent, click here.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you have been successful. Good luck, and we hope to hear your success stories soon!
- ABC is providing this information to assist you in making a claim under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 against your credit card company in connection with services provided by Southern Rail.
- In relation to goods or services paid for by credit card, s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 allows you to claim for breach of contract or misrepresentation against one or both of the retailer (in this case, the train operating company which sold you the ticket) and the credit card company, either simultaneously or separately.
- Please note that you cannot recover the same loss from both parties.
- The sample letter provided by ABC is a template only. Any person using it does so at their own risk and is responsible for the content and the accuracy of the claim.
- ABC is not a party to any claim made in accordance with this guide or otherwise, and accepts no responsibility or liability for the content and/or the accuracy of any information included in any such claim.
- ABC does not guarantee the outcome of any claim and accepts no liability whatsoever in the event of a claim being unsuccessful.
3 thoughts on “Commuters, join the Credit Card Challenge! How to claim under section 75 against Southern Rail…”
Hello, I took up the call and tried to claim. Southern rail have finally responded which I have been called to answer. I presume Southern rails letter is a standard as it seems the same as the one my friend got. Have you seen it and do you have any guidance for a reply